Sunday, March 4, 2012

My refund request letter.

To any one interested in what I said in my request for a refund, I have included my letter. Just to be clear, if you do received a refund of your contribution, make sure when you file your taxes for 2012 you check to see if it needs to be included in your taxable income.

January 19, 2012

Crossing Church
Attn:  Eric Dykstra
829 School Street
Elk River, MN  55330

Re:  Code of the Samurai

Early last year, as a member of the Crossing Church, I was implored to give above and beyond, sacrificially, in order to fund a construction project that was to begin in the fall of 2011 and be completed by the Fall of 2012. As it is now January and I see no signs of the promised expansion, I would like a refund of the money I designated to this fundraising effort. I have consulted with an attorney who suggested that I have a valid argument and should contact the Minnesota Attorney General office. At this time, I have decided to keep this dialogue between Crossing Church and myself, but I am not opposed to pursuing the matter.

 Enclosed is a list of my payments, along with the dates and check numbers, totaling $XXX.

I would appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment